Johnson’s interest in acupuncture and herbal medicine grew from his practice of martial arts. He received his Bachelor’s degree in Neurobiology from UC Berkeley and Master’s and Doctorate in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) from the American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
His training includes acupuncture, herbology, nutrition, tuina (Chinese orthopedic massage), and energetics (Taichi and Qigong). In addition to an internship in China, he completed a 300 hour certification program in Acupuncture Orthopedics.
Johnson is a licensed acupuncturist treating musculoskeletal pain and sports injuries since 2003. He has worked with athletes of all levels ranging from high school, college and professional sports. He has worked with the San Francisco State Athletic Program and supervised acupuncture students for a study on the effects of acupuncture on stroke patients at the California Pacific Medical Center.
In his free time, he organizes yearly trips to China to intern in the hospitals, enjoy the amazing tea culture and further study the practice and history of the medicine. He continues to update and renew his passion in traditional medicines with these ongoing studies in China and other parts of the world to learn and incorporate the natural medicine of different cultures into his practice.
He is licensed to practice Acupuncture and Chinese Herbology in the state of California and maintains private practices in San Bruno and San Francisco.
- Adjunct faculty at the Academy of Chinese Culture and Health Sciences (ACCHS) and the American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine (ACTCM)
- Certified in Acupuncture Orthopedics
- Certified in Tuina (Chinese orthopedic massage)
- Continuing Education Provider to Acupuncturists with emphasis in the Musculoskeletal system, Orthopedics and Sports Medicine
- Clinical Doctorate of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (DAOM) specializing in Pain Management and Gynecology