Orthopedic Acupuncture and Tuina Class:
Various Topics Covered:
- Basic exams of each joint to test its function, range of motion and isolate the area
- Tuina techniques appropriate for specific injuries
- Acupuncture techniques-mostly distal points(Master Tung points and Microsystems) to treat the injured area and also allow instant feedback of the treatment
- How to manage distal and local needling for acute and chronic conditions
- Basic case management skills in order to set patient expectations
We will cover how to isolate an injured area using basic history taking techniques and basic physical exams, when appropriate. Once the area is isolated, you will learn tuina and acupuncture techniques to target the treatment in that area. Most of the acupuncture shown will be distal to the injury to allow local tuina work as well as movement of the injured area so we can get instant assessment of the treatment. If the diagnosis is correct and the treatment follows the diagnosis then there should be a noticeable decrease in pain within the course of that single treatment barring any serious structural damage to the area.
Our main emphasis for these courses is to provide hands on training and practice in class. As a result, class size will be kept small and you will get direct interaction with the instructor.
Cancellation policy: Cancellations 14 days prior to the seminar date will receive a full refund of payment. All other cancellations made within 14 days will receive a refund of their payment, less a $25 cancellation fee. Cancellations made on the day of class or no shows will forfeit the entire registration fee. We reserve the right to cancel seminars due to insufficient enrollment. In such cases, we will offer a full refund or credit for future classes.